Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saturday, August 4th- A Day With Our Hosts

Today was Saturday, August 4th and it was a free day with our Israelis. Personally, I  caught up on sleep, as Ori and I slept until 3 pm. Once we woke up and ate breakfast, I was on my way to a place called mini Israel, which is near Jerusalem. It was a large outdoor place that was a large model representation of the country of Israel. It was really cool for me to see the places that I already visited and to also lean about new places that I would like to see in the future.  The only disappointing part was that Rishon Lezion was not represented! After spending a couple hours there, we went to Rothschild Street right after Shabbat ended and walked around for a while and I finally ate my first falafel this trip. Needless to say, it was amazing! Next, we walked to the Federation and got on the bus along with all the Dilllers to see the show "Mayumana." It was a really cool and exciting show. the performers encorporated acting, singing, and dancing, and was also very interactive with the audience. I enjoyed the show a lot and it was a good way to cap off the Saturday.

-Coby Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment