Monday, November 10, 2014

The Journey to Diller 8


The Journey to Diller 8
 
My Diller experience so far - which I feel speaks for all of Cohort 8 - has been one of excitement and anticipation.

 
Having only two workshops and one social event, I can tell that with each group gathering our Cohort is becoming closer together and more tightly knit.  Our event at the bowling alley, organized by the social committee, solely proved that we are willing to come together and act as one mishpacha to become leaders for social change in our communities.  The Diller workshops have allowed us to further progress in the right direction by helping us build trust between each other, establish friendships, and to learn about necessary leadership qualities.

 
But while this is very exciting, I have yet to see the true potential of Diller.  Although I have learned a handful in our three group gatherings, there have still been only three gatherings!  Thus, our Cohort is still breaking out of its cocoon, its full force and beauty waiting to be recognized and admired.  I am sure that with time, our true potential will shine.  But until then, I have to sit here in my big brown chair, writing blog post number two, patiently anticipating the Shabbaton.

-Ethan Ramer

No comments:

Post a Comment