Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 4: Shabbat in the Home - March 16, 2013



The first Shabbat was spent at the homes of the Diller teens of GreaterMetroWest. Some Dillers went to Beit K’nesset/Synagogue with their hosts and stayed in the area; while others traveled to different places, like New York and Philly. The Israelis were extremely excited to see snow fall for the first time! Some of us played in the snow and had a blast! After Shabbat, Julian welcomed us all to his house, where we hung out for hours! We talked, danced, and got to know each other better. At about 12:30, when EVERYBODY was pretty much passing out, we headed home to get rested for Good deeds day.
- Lindsey Blenden




On Saturday March 16th, Michael and I were looking forward to sleeping in then going out for a nice birthday lunch. Michael decided to sleep in until 11:30 but apologized greatly for "keep me waiting". While we were eating breakfast Michael explained to me how much he loves birthdays and said happy birthday for the first of many times. 

After breakfast we both got ready to go out to lunch at Don Jose with my family and I. Then the party started as we arrived back home and I introduced my Randolph friends to "Israeli Mike". We had three Michaels at my house so we need to have some distinction between the names and Diller Michael came up with the nickname "Israeli Mike". After a lot of FIFA, ping pong, music, and just hanging out and talking, Michael and I decided to get to bed for a long day of writing books for little kids was ahead of us!!
- Corey Basciano




No comments:

Post a Comment