Tuesday, July 22, 2014

One Day More!

Today our cohort was not in Israel physically but in spirit we all were.  We went to the Solidarity Rally for Israel at the federation in Whippany.  The overwhelming love for Israel and thirst for peace that the hundreds of people around me made me feel like I was standing in the Holy Land.  Senators, rabbis, reverends, and more all stood up and spoke beautifully about peace, showing that Israel is not alone.  I was very moved by all of these speeches; Israel has become a big part of my life now and hearing people who share my love for it, and all the things they've done to help it, warmed my heart.  We sang the national anthem at the front of the room to start off the rally, I felt like a celebrity singing before a football game.  The rally was very inspirational to me and I loved watching it, even if I did have to sit on the floor and could only see the back of the seat in front of me.
After the rally we all had lunch together.  By this time in Diller our lunches are less about eating and more about hysterically laughing.  After our lunch we worked on making a video for social media to show the greatest things about Israel.  The great and beautiful Annabelle Hanflig of Diller 6 helped us out with our videos.  My groups video focused on Israeli food and was a masterpiece- I was being called a young Steven Spielberg.
After our video was finished Annabelle answered any last minute questions we had about Israel, and it was time to go.  The morning was very meaningful and being able to spend the afternoon with my Dillers was not too bad.
-JoeyHart/DJ “Hart” Attack

No vlog today...it was a difficult day to vlog because of many logistical conflicts.

1 comment:

  1. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.
    teen chat

    ReplyDelete