Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"A Friend is One soul dwelling in Two Bodies"

A very wise person once pointed out to me that making friends is quite a difficult thing to do. Making friends is a very interesting concept, you find a person who holds similar interests to yourself and start to spend time with them. As time moves on, you make memories with these friends, you share laughter and tears. You share yourself in a way that you never would have thought possible. Eventually, these friends will know you just as well as you know yourself, if not better. Most people are lucky if they find one loyal friend like the one I just described in their lifetime, but I have made 19 of them. 

Just a few months ago, the Dillers were just a group of Jewish sophomores and juniors in high school who dragged themselves to Federation on a Sunday morning to play silly ice breakers and blindfold themselves. Look at us now, the Dillers can’t go a day without talking to each other. I remember when Juliet and Nitay told us how close we were all going to get, we just groaned and rolled our eyes. Well, they couldn’t have been more spot on. Dillers, you guys are my best friends in the whole world. It’s insane to think how quickly we became such amazing friends, and now that I’m thinking about it, I can think of exactly when it happened.

Something very special to our group are our Ma’agal Lilah’s (Night Circle). This is a time to discuss events that are happening in our lives and an opportunity to get things off our chest. During the North American Seminar, the American Dillers all got together and had a Ma’agal where we discussed many personal things. Once the group started to share their stories, it finally came to me, all of a sudden I understood. Dillers, I see myself in each and every one of you. Though we are very different people, together we make a really amazing group. I wouldn’t trade any of you for the world, and when one of us is missing the dynamic is off and it just doesn’t feel right. It was hard to pick one specific memory from the NAS to talk about, and now I know why. Anytime that I am with all of you, it's special. From the time that we jumped out of the closet to surprise the Israeli’s, until the bus pulled away ending the NAS, we made amazing memories that we will never forget. 

Dillers, thank you for being the amazing people that you are. You are all very special to me and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I can’t wait to continue to make new memories with everyone. החיים שלי

-Meredith Weinerman

No comments:

Post a Comment