Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's not goodbye, it's see you later!

Although NAS was 10 days full of memories that I will remember and hold onto forever one memory stands out the most. This memory was the last I had with the Israelis. This is because my memory recalls watching the Israelis get back on their bus and start to leave for their long trip home to Israel. This moment was one of the most saddening and heartfelt moments I experienced in all of the 10 days. I knew that just because my Israelis were leaving for a short period of time till I came and visited them in Israel didn't mean it was the end of what was going to happen to us and them. As I tried to hold back tears I could only think very briefly of how the week went. Due to how fast it went and all the fun I had and all the long-lasting memories I created and experienced.

I remember saying to myself as the bus started pulling away that this is not the end, but the beginning. This holds true even today. How could 10 days determine the rest of our relationship as Americans and Israelis? It didn't, I can prove this to myself because even today we all talk to each other we all hold strong communication with one another. This shows that our relationship as individuals and a group only keeps blossoming as days go on. Thus making this not the end, not the middle, but only the beginning.

That is why this short little memory holds closest to me. Realizing and understanding that a whole new chapter of my life has just begun was a great realization for me. I had one of, if not the greatest 10 days of my life and I will remember and cherish each second that I experienced in those days for the rest of my life. This is why my moment was the beginning and without a doubt not the end.

-Steven Waxman

No comments:

Post a Comment