Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Late night and Laughter

In the beginning of The North American Seminar, I think it is safe to say that both me and the Israeli staying with me, Elad, were a bit uncomfortable. I personally was a little worried that it would be like that for all of NAS and with every Israeli. On the first night of the Shabbaton, however, once curfew was called and the boys sent to our floor, everything clicked. We talked for hours with the American and Israeli guys. We spoke about literally anything you can imagine. From what someone's favorite food is to our craziest stories, we talked about it all. But of course none of those stories crossed any red lines (in case you were wondering). As probably the whole house heard, we were dying of laughter for almost the whole night and it was awesome for me to finally feel a connection with the guys. Although it had just been a day, it was amazing how much things changed for me. I became comfortable talking and laughing with a lot of kids and this was extremely nice because I was afraid it would never happen after my awkward first night.

-Max Bruch

No comments:

Post a Comment