Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Musical Inspiration

My most meaningful moment of NAS was walking down to my basement and seeing Asaf, my Israeli, sitting at my electric piano and working on a song he had decided to learn with tutorials on Youtube. 

When I walked down, he looked up and smiled and immediately started to play what he had learned. It was great! He had heard me playing piano all week and had previously taken lessons, but never continued and decided to play a bit. I sat with him for a few hours listening and playing, talking and laughing. It was a truly memorable night .

The day of the final overnight with the Israelis he came up to me and said, “I think I'm gonna buy a piano when I get back to Israel.” I was smiling the rest of that day. I had inspired someone to find music again. I'm not able t to say that often, but I cannot wait to see how far he has come the next time I see him .

-Daniel Gerstein

No comments:

Post a Comment